17 Terrific Tactics for Increasing Your Email Clicks
There are many different ways that you can increase your email click-through rates; here are a few of the best tactics.
Have you ever developed an incredible email campaign only to find that your click-through rates aren’t as high as you thought they would be? It does happen but it’s definitely something that you can easily improve with a few clever yet simple tactics.
1. Include one call-to-action. While it’s definitely ok to display your call-to-action more than once, it’s best to only stick to one type of action. To avoid confusion, only ask your email recipients to perform one action per email.
2. Get to the point. There is still a place for longer emails but when you’re trying to get a recipient to convert it’s best to keep your email copy short if you want it to be effective. Have a user click through to your website if you would really like to give them additional information.
3. Segment that list. The more relevant an email is, the more likely it is that a recipient will open it. Users don’t want to have to read through content that won’t benefit them in some way. By segmenting your list you can make your emails as relevant as possible.
4. Give it some personality. When you develop your email copy, add a bit of your brand’s personality to the mix to make your copy sound more conversational and engaging.
5. Make sure that your emails are responsive. A large percentage of online users access their emails using their mobile devices on a daily basis and this number is only going to continue growing so it’s in your best interest to ensure that your emails are mobile-friendly.
6. Timing is everything. When would a prospect or client be most interested in clicking on a link in your email? Do they have the time and are they in the right frame of mind? Test out your timing to increase your click-through rates.
7. Use their fear of missing out. People hate missing out so throw a bit of urgency into your email to increase your clicks.
8. Give them the option to share. Including social sharing buttons in your emails will not only potentially increase your clicks but your reach too. While one recipient might not be interested in a particular offer, they might know somebody that would be.
9. Personalize your messages. Personalization goes beyond addressing someone by name. You could also start mentioning past downloads, purchases and content they’ve recently read to make your email more relevant.
10. Resend unopened emails. While you should never resend hard bounce emails, if an email has only returned a soft bounce, resend it at a later stage so that you aren’t missing out on any potential clicks.
11. Use video. According to Insivia, using videos in emails increases email click-through rates by up to 300%. If you have the means to create video content, use it in one of your emails to test the results.
12. Don’t make your design overcomplicated. This point fits in with keeping your email copy simple. Keep your design just as simple to avoid overwhelming your recipients.
13. Remove distractions. If you want to keep your recipients focused on your call-to-action, don’t include a menu in your header or any advertising. If you’re sending out a regular newsletter, advertising can be used but keep it to a minimum.
14. Get automated. Automatic email campaigns are highly relevant. The recipient will have just performed a specific action so an automated campaign will send them the right message at exactly the right time.
15. Use action-based calls-to-action. Instead of using the usual Click Here or Read More CTAs, make them more action-based. Use words like Grab, Watch, Shop or Start.
16. Test your frequency. Look at how often you are emailing your clients and whether sending emails more often or a little less changes your click-through rates.
17. Social proof works wonders. Trying to sell a specific product? Include a few testimonials as social proof to increase your clicks.
Originally posted 2018-03-03 19:53:38. Republished by Blog Post Promoter